By Admin - November 12, 2017 2:22 pm 2 734 1
Not all desktops and laptops have cameras and the need for video conferencing is felt even by our grandparents who want to see their sons and daughters. Though you may not need it daily but suppose there is this presentation which you need to explain to your boss. Peripheral webcams are popular, but they can prove tricky to install and temperamental even when they’re set up correctly.
How to Use Smartphone as Webcam for PC?
- Firstly, install IP Webcam App on your Android smartphone or IP Cam Viewer Lite on your iPhone/iPad.
- Install ManyCam Software on your Windows PC or Mac OS X PC.
- Open IP Webcam App on your smartphone and scroll to the bottom of the application and click on Start Server as given in below picture.
- You will see your IP and Port Address at the bottom of the screen of your Android smartphone/iPhone. Copy this IP and Port Address on anything.
- Now open ManyCam Software on your Windows or Mac PC. In the ManyCam App, Click on Add button.
- Now the new box will appear on the screen. Add the URL that you copied/jotted from IP Cam App
For Android User add URL like: http://[YOUR_IP]/video
For iOS User Direct Add URL like: http://[YOUR_IP]/
- Then click on Add and Close.
- Now again click on Add => IP Cameras => YOUR_ADDED_PHONE. You will see the camera you have added.
- Click on IP Cameras then select your added IP Camera.
- Done. It's Connected.
That's it! You can now use your smartphone as your webcam on your PC/laptop. You can Change IP Camera App Setting while Chatting by going to HTTP://[IP-ADDRESS]/. You can directly change quality, etc without closing from the smartphone. Using your smartphone camera you can Record, use zoom out/zoom in, change video quality, take a photo, enable LED Flashlight, add all the features of smartphone camera like Night Vision, Color Effects and much more. Actually, if you use this process you will find that you can do much more things by using your smartphone as your webcam instead of the default 2MP laptop camera.