By Admin - September 24, 2017 6:12 pm 0 216 0
Today we’ll see a cool trick about using your pen drive as your password to log into your computer. The best thing about this trick is that you don’t even need to download any additional software to do so. The feature is inbuilt into your Windows operating system. So all you need is a pen drive which will act as your password. So let’s start the program without further delays.
How to Turn On:-
- First of all, you will need to change the drive letter of your pen drive to A. If you don't know how to change your computer's drive letter then simply follow the steps in this guide to get started. Now it’s done so let’s go ahead.
- Now just open the windows search box by pressing windows key + R from your keyboard.
- Type "syskey" in windows search box to open syskey program. The new dialog box will appear on your screen like this.
- Enable the Encryption which is by default enabled. Now click on Update button.
- Select System Generated Password and then choose Store Startup Key on Floppy Disk. Click on OK button.
- Then it'll ask some permissions about to save syskey on your pen drive. Click OK on all permissions.
- Now a startup key will be stored in your pen drive. If you have noticed that this program stores the startup key on floppy disk and that’s the reason why we have to change the drive letter of our pen drive to A because A and B represents floppy drives.
Now the process is completed and the next time you boot into your computer you’ll require that pen drive to log in. Enjoy free password booting.
How to Turn Off:-
- Open "syskey" program on your computer.
- Choose Encryption Enabled option and then click on Update button.
- Now choose Store Startup Key Locally and then click on OK button.
- The new Prompt box will appear on your screen. Click OK.
- Now the process is completed. You’ll not require that pen drive to start your computer.