By Admin - October 16, 2017 10:33 pm 1 832 0
VLC is certainly a popular video player, thanks to its ease of use and its adaptability. It is an open source program that runs some of the most common video formats, including .flv, the typical format you’ll find on Vimeo and YouTube. You can even use it with some simple modifications to play movies in 3D.
However, the only problem is that it supports Red and Cyan 3D viewing option only. So, all you need to do is just get a 3D SBS (Side-By-Side) movie and watch it using your VLC media player. For those who need to watch 3D SBS movies on their PC, here’s how you can do so.
What is SBS?
In side-by-side 3D, a full 1080p or 720p frame is intended for both eyes at the same time with two halves on the left and right, and the entire frame for the left eye and right eye respectively scaled down horizontally to fit the left-half and right-half of the frame.
Half Side-by-Side (SBS), means the left and right views of a 3D video are subsampled at half resolution and you get a backward compatible full frame.
Example: Say, each view is 1920×1080 subsample to 960 x 1080, put them side by side and now you have a 3D 1920×1080 frame.
Full SBS, means you transmit both views at full resolution; better quality, but the bigger file.
How To Watch 3D Movies on PC/Laptop Using VLC Media Player
- First of all, run 3D movie in your VLC media player.(Make sure that the movie you played must be SBS (Side-By-Side) 3D movie).
- After that, Click on Tools and then select the Effects and Filters option from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on Video Effects tab and in this section click on Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab, put a checkmark on Anaglyph 3D option.
- Now you are ready to for watching 3D movies on the computer. Now, just put your Red/Cyan 3D glasses on and enjoy your 3D movie.
There are some other methods to watch 3D movies on your PC but using VLC is the cool one. So now try it and enjoy the 3D movies. Don’t forget to share this method with other guys.