By Admin - September 26, 2017 10:58 pm 1 660 0
The phone is available in India at Rs 36,999. Nokia 8 comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. The smartphone will be available from October 14 on Amazon India, Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha Mobiles, Poorvika, and BigC and other offline stores.
"We've worked to bring three world firsts - the debut collaboration with ZEISS, OZO spatial 360-degree audio and real-time live streaming using `Dual-Sight` mode," said Ajay Mehta, Vice President-India, HMD Global, in a statement.
During the launch event, HMD Global announced that Android 8.0 Oreo will be coming for the Nokia 8 very soon.
Nokia 8 runs Android,7.1.1 Nougat and features a 5.3 inches IPS QHD (Corning Gorilla Glass 5) 1440 x 2560 pixels display and an Octa-core (4x2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) 4GB RAM Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor paired with a 64GB native storage capacity.
The Nokia 8 boasts of a 13MP main snapper at its rear and a 13MP front-facing selfie shooter. There is a Non-removable Li-Ion 3090 mAh battery powering the phone with support for USB v3.1, Type-C reversible connector and Dual SIM (Nano SIM).
Why Should You Buy?
Built-in intelligent power amplifier chip and dual speaker system: Nokia at its peak was known as one of the pioneers when it came to the mobile music with music editions of handsets specially launched by the brand. Using the specialization in music technology, the returning brand has equipped the new device with Built-in intelligent power amplifier chip along with dual speakers on top and bottom for enhanced audio output.
Powerful cameras: Nokia was also known to be one of the leading brand in the handset market in terms of camera smartphones. It was kind of a given that new handset from the brand, marking its comeback, would be coming with impressive cameras. The rear panel of the handset comes with a 24 Megapixels snapper and on the front, there is a 12 Megapixels unit.
Android 7.0 Nougat: There are not many handsets in the Indian handset market that comes with the latest Android update pre-installed in it. However, Nokia seems to be having plans for a grand comeback as its debut device is said to be running on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. However, there is no confirmation at the moment as to whether there will be any custom skin or not.
Aluminum alloy and Corning Gorilla Glass: Nokia is a brand known for manufacturing durable and good looking devices. Therefore it is but natural that Nokia C6 boasts of aluminum alloy chassis and Corning Gorilla Glass front panel. The handset is bound to feel premium and durable when it comes to the build quality.
Why Should You Not Buy?
- No Wireless Charging: The only nick that we could find in the package of Nokia 8 is that the handset does not come with wireless charging. It is quite surprising considering that Nokia is the brand that pioneered the wireless charging technology.
- 13MP + 13 MP rear camera system with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus (PDAF), IR rangefinder and dual-tone flash.
- The selfie camera has a 13MP sensor with PDAF and f/2.0 aperture.
- The device has "Dual-Sight" video or "Bothie" feature that lets simultaneously live stream a selfie while also using its main camera, in a split-screen visual, for both photos and videos.
- There is a 5.3-inch QHD IPS display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- The phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor paired with stock Android Nougat operating system (OS). A 3090mAh battery powers the device which comes with Qualcomm "Quick Charge" compatibility.
- There is 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory with MicroSD card slot to expand storage up to 256GB.