By Admin - August 01, 2017 8:19 am 2 160 0
The PowerPlay pad is skillfully designed, works effortlessly, and oh my god, I like never to worry about battery life.
It seems to me that I spend most of my life loading things. This is an important part of my daily routine, now, plug in these high-tech devices. Every night I plug my iPhone and place it on my night stand. Most nights, I connect my Android Android smartphone too (and no, I do not have a good excuse to own two phones). A laptop charger cable snakes outward from the end of my bed, and I plug it in before going to bed for the night. About once a week I recharge my Bluetooth headphones, and every week I have to cycle Eneloop AA batteries out of a game controller to give them a night in the charging bay. And also every week, I plug in my wireless mouse G900 for it to work. The price I pay for a wireless convenience is a rechargeable battery that saves life.
Now, with its PowerPlay wireless mat, Logitech has completely solved the convenience problem and has done so with truly intelligent styling and keys. Here is the basic configuration: PowerPlay is a thin loading mat with a small module at the top, which contains the wireless receiver for your mouse and a USB port to run on your PC. The cable that plugs into the pad here can also connect to your wireless mouse, whether you want a direct connection or a faster charge, even if there is not much to do. Above the loading pad, you place a regular carpet: Logitech has sent us a rigid and flexible pad to test, but these do not include any additional wiring to allow recharging. Billing is done through it.
On the top, you can place the Logitech G903 or G703 mouse, slightly modified versions of the G900 and G403. The mice have a small circular cutout at the bottom that can accommodate the magnetic load receiver or small weights. There are several small but important parts of the design that I love about this system.
- The wireless receiver is integrated in the carpet, which guarantees wireless performance essentially perfect because the distance between the mouse and the receiver is a few centimeters.
- A small light on the carpet receiver module lets you know that the mouse is charged, so there is never any doubt.
- The loading lining is thin enough to not increase the height incompatible with the general carpet. I find it is indistinguishable to use a slightly thinner normal buffer.
- The choice of soft and hard pads (or any regular carpet of the appropriate size)
- The Logitech driver software recognizes the mat and has a button that allows you to switch to a different mouse, which is ideal for switching from G903 to G703 (certainly, a feature that very few users use)
- It is easy to remove the wireless loading washer and replace it with a simple plastic filling so you can always rest on the road and use a standard wireless dongle with which the mouse is delivered
- The wireless charge is enough ... works.